have you been dreaming lately?

me? well, read on 2 know...btw welcome!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Cow and Bull story...unabridged.

It's been a while since I have put pen to paper, but today, there is this lingering thought in my Big Head that I hope would be best addressed by blogging. I was on one of my mindful pursuits, which usually turns a frantic pulse as the day progresses,.....and in the mayhem realized that my cellphone was missing. Well, to be precise, I had forgotten it at home. Not so much of a disaster, you would think...but disaster it was.
I panicked out of my wits...and suddenly turned  into this vulnerable cherubic soul looking for cover.

What's changed so much in ten years since the first of these mobile accessories came into being that branding has become synonymous with indispensability? It's frustrating to challenge our stance by going back to when we managed without these gadgets. I liked the pace of life then compared to the insane urgency we are  living with now. I think the social etiquettes were also best presented during those days when people took the time out to greet each other and receive respectfully.

The 'cattle class' that has emerged with this 'elctromania', is a degraded society that I wish not to be a part of,.... but which  I'm finding increasingly indispensable just like the cellphone.
Should I be bold enough to let go of such manic obligations or should I be the bull that chases the cow inspite of not seeing red...(pun intended)?

While I ponder over the goodness of the Doordarshan era to the menace i.e. the Saas-Bahu sequence( pun definitely not intended....), I have a call waiting!

I guess like many things in life, I just need to go with the flow.  

Nandini Rao.

No comments:

Post a Comment