have you been dreaming lately?

me? well, read on 2 know...btw welcome!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

/*weddings and the goodybag*/

Wedding's are a good occasion to catch up with your friends/acquaintances.......or just a good occasion...
It's an incessant rewind for the jaunty( my family) or an obligatory unwind for the hasty( me)...

 I find it more ritualistic than the actual ritual itself and though I would ceremoniously cater to the social customs of greeting & receiving, my amusement would take a backseat if I didn't sit down to notice everyone else manage/attend to the rules that govern such a social gathering.
It's funny that weddings invariably become the sensitive index that gauge our standing in society, which is not surprising, given the fact that no one has the time to spare their focus on other people, in this fast paced life.
It's the one custom that we can thank ourselves for sustaining, otherwise the very essence of an  Indian Social  Setting is lost.  

Of course,  on any given day, I would devote that kind of time to reading a good book, or just lazying around, but events such as these are self assuring, in every which way, and allow me to introspect once in a while.

Nandini Rao.

No comments:

Post a Comment